The Queen Consort has tested positive for COVID-19 after suffering from cold symptoms, Buckingham Palace has said.
King Charles’ wife had been forced to postpone a visit to the West Midlands on Tuesday, with the palace initially saying she had contracted a “seasonal illness.”
“With regret, she has therefore cancelled all of her public engagements for this week and sends her sincere apologies to those who had been due to attend them,” the palace said in a statement.
She was set to carry out several engagements across the region, including celebrating the centenary of Elmhurst Ballet School in Edgbaston, Birmingham.
A Buckingham Palace spokesman said it was hoped a new date could be found soon for the postponed events.
The Queen Consort contracted COVID early last year and was forced to cancel her appearance at several events.